Sunday 30 June 2019

Losing Weight

I love food and I love eating. But, I don’t love dieting at all. Although I have always been a mostly healthy eater, I’m not one to turn down a piece of cake or a glass of wine during cocktail hour. But indulging a little too much and a little too often has resulted in me gaining weight. 

The tipping point being I wasn't happy at my heaviest but wasn't really motivated to do anything about it until I started getting back ache when I walked I was embarrassed as to how much weight I had gained. 

So I have started to lose weight and have lost over two stone so far I am just cutting down on fatty foods and eating more healthy nothing special or radical. I have stopped drinking alcohol completely also. 

My weight loss hasn't happened over night and it's taking a pretty long time actually but that was because I am not “dieting.” Through trial and error and figuring out what works best for me, I am making lifestyle changes, which I am sticking too.

My exercise includes walking right now as I am unable to run properly due to the tumour I have on my kidney which I am getting an operation for soon. I am tracking my calories which is something I never did before, so tracking what I eat is helping me to be aware of what I am putting in my mouth. Reducing portion sizes and meal planning has also helped me.

A lot of people try to change too much at once when they want to get healthy. For me, making one small change and seeing how it fits into my life (before adding another) is what is making me stick to it, If something doesn't work, I try something else.
Maintaining my weight is all about balance. If I overindulge at a weekend bbq or mindlessly munch throughout the day, I don’t throw in the towel. I make sure my next meal is healthy and move on.
Keep going it can be done with a few small life changes. 



No comments:

Mental health etc…

I haven’t blogged in such a long time but that is due to my mental health being in the toilet for a while there.  I am on some medication no...