Monday 17 June 2019

Young Vs Old

I didn't think about being older when I was younger well I did but didn't think I would have five kids.

When I was young I was quite privileged but that all changed when I had my kids and my Dad died. My first child I had when I was 26 and the guy ran off and left me pregnant what a nice chap even worse my mother told me to get an abortion but I didn't. So I was a single mum for a long time until I met a guy in Scotland who turned out to be a twat in tinfoil instead of a knight in shining armour. I married him and had three children with him and my mother went ballistic each time I had another child even though I was married to the guy. 

She basically cut me off and I was glad as she was useless and used to say all the time that I was swapped at birth by the Spanish woman next to her. She used to say she only had kids cause my dad wanted kids and she didn't think she could have any because of her poorly kidneys. 

So I was married and he left me when my fourth child was one year old and there's a pattern here somewhere!! He couldn't handle my mental health illness. He wasn't a very nice man so in a way he did me a favour leaving. Singleton again.

I moved back down to London in 2007 and met a man through a friend who was in the army and we got together. He was in Northern Ireland at the time and was going on to a tour Iraq in 2007/08 so things were a little tough what with the separation. He planned to leave the army after he had done his second tour of Iraq and had to wait out a year to leave. I moved up to Liverpool to be closer to his home town as he had more family up here than I had in London. It was sad to leave London but I was only renting and the landlord wanted the house back so it made sense to move up to north. 

Finally he left the army in 2009 and we moved in with each other now we are married and have a little girl ourselves that makes five. Our little girl Honey was born at home in 2010 and she has made things perfect. My mother has never seen her but I am happy at not having anything to do with my mother as she never supported me throughout my time as a mother and was always embarrassed I had had so many children. 

My eldest in University and I am so proud she has just got her first house with her boyfriend and I think I have done pretty well myself. 

My husband knows all my flaws and took on my other children as his own and I couldn't be prouder of him. He does have to put up with a lot as my children would like to see me on my own. 

No matter what you are going through there is always light at the end of the tunnel when my first husband left me he said no one else would want me ever but I proved him wrong. Obviously this is just the short version of a very long story but I hope that it brings some validation to many who may be going through a hard time at the moment. 


No comments:

Mental health etc…

I haven’t blogged in such a long time but that is due to my mental health being in the toilet for a while there.  I am on some medication no...