Sunday 26 May 2019

The Royals

Love or hate them they are there and I for one love them and am a Royalist nut.
They bring in a lot of tourism to our country and people from all over the world travel to come see them and our Queen.

My favourite royals have to be Prince William and Kate Middleton and I not only just like them for the people they are but they do good things and I like the fact that they do a lot for mental health and the awareness of mental health. I also love hearing about their children and seeing the pictures that they grace us with.
Mental health being a subject very close to my heart as I suffer mental health illness.

I do like Prince Harry and Meghan Markle but for different reasons I like Meghan and her fashion sense and I just love reading about what she is wearing and how she looks.
I remember her at the women's tennis final last year and she had a hat with her but couldn't wear it for some reason or other and I went straight out to my favourite shop ASOS and bought a hat a bit like hers so she definitely has some kind of impact on me and many others I would imagine. I just wish I had her money to be able to replicate her wardrobe but it's nice to be able to indulge once in a while to replicate some of her fashion style. I do feel it has evolved from when she first met Harry to now she looks like she is copying Kate a lot more mind you Kate dresses impeccably so who can blame Meghan for wanting to copy her style.

The Queen is one of the UK's longest reigning monarchs of all time and to me she is just magical but
I am not just into the current royal family but I love all the past kings and queens too my favourite being the Tudor period. I would love to go back in time and live for 24 hours there or hope to live for  24 hours!! Not sure I would want to be married to King Henry VIII but to be apart of his court would be a sight to see. My daughter had to do a project on them a while back and I jumped at the chance to write about them it turned into a small novel evolving from the War of The Roses right through to his wives and his demise. I would have scored myself 10 out of 10 for that project but I don't think it was even read it was too complex for primary school and could have been a dissertation for university level!!

My friend John has a massive claim to fame in that he is the 17th generation third cousin to Richard III. If you remember Richard III was found to be buried underneath a car park in Greyfriars Leicester UK and was re-interred in Leicester Cathedral on 26 March 2015. An amazing story and his wikipedia page is rather interesting to read Richard III of England

I ran a poll on twitter yesterday and so far 73% of you like the Royal Family and 27% dislike them this is quite good news as I was expecting it to be the other way around!

If you didn't see my poll drop me a comment and let me know how you feel about the Royal Family.


No comments:

Mental health etc…

I haven’t blogged in such a long time but that is due to my mental health being in the toilet for a while there.  I am on some medication no...