Tuesday 28 May 2019

Some Friendships End

I used to have quite a lot of friends but then I got ill and a lot of them left me to it. Some didn't understand why I had changed so much and I have changed due to my illness.

I recently met a great friend through my daughter who was friends with her daughter but sadly that didn't turn out so good and unfortunately things got blown out of proportion when she had given my daughter her Netflix to use and as my daughter and her daughter were on it one night they were changing things and it got blocked by accident. She had a nightmare unblocking it and I got a terrible message through saying that I should get my own Netflix (which I had) and that it was basically all my fault and she told me in no uncertain terms which I shall say politely on here to do one. Well confused as I was I had forgotten all about my daughter using her Netflix and didn't know anything about the kids mucking about on it and changing stuff until I got the text telling me to get my own Netflix and she had spent hours on the phone trying to convince them she was who she was and for me to nicely do one. I was so confused that my daughter had to fill me in on it all and this is when the light bulb came on and I was like okay now I see why she is mad.

Sadly if she had just asked me what the problem was I would have been able to ask my daughter what had happened and clear it all straight up but I do fear she didn't really like me in the first place. She blocked me on twitter and removed herself from my facebook which is fair enough but harsh at the time and hurt like hell.

I had some bits of hers and we had tried to go round and drop them off after the text but no one came to the door so we left it at that. It was only yesterday, weeks later, that my elder daughter received a message from her saying would I like my picture back I gifted her. It was a picture of a ballet dancer I had painted and I had framed it for her. I said to my husband that I would like the picture back as I wasn't sure what she would with it if she doesn't want it anymore. So hubby went over there and gave her books and dvds back and ended up telling the husband that we wanted the picture back as she was going to throw it away, now where that had come from is anyones guess and probably a lost in translation to my 'she could do anything to it' line. I felt awful as I had gifted it to her and to be honest now I look back on it I wish I had let her keep it as it was a gift and I feel I was being petty asking for it back although she did offer. It did look really pretty in her home too.

My daughter saw her daughter not long back and she said that her mum thought I was weird, well this is true I am a character and very quirky and that my nine year old was a bit of a nuisance well this is true as well, she is nine and good at her job!! See how I turned these negatives round to positives to help me I am getting better at doing this now so I do not get hurt so easy!

I hold no ill towards anyone and at the end of the day it is her interpretation of the friendship that I must go along with and if she doesn't want to be friends anymore then I do respect how she feels. I do miss her though she was so funny and I loved her family her kids were lovely.

We make and lose friends throughout our lifetime and I am sure I will learn from this somehow.  I sure do give everything I have to a friendship and know that I didn't intentionally hurt her in any way so at least I know that.

My blog today was going to be about twitter but decided instead to get this off my chest once and for all and blog about it.




Mental health etc…

I haven’t blogged in such a long time but that is due to my mental health being in the toilet for a while there.  I am on some medication no...