Monday 27 May 2019

Dogs Why We Love Them

Dogs are simply great aren't they. I have two dogs one is a cross Labrador with an Alsatian called Jacks and the other is a little cross Jack Russell called Khan. Jacks is all black and fluffy and floppy ears and Khan is black and white and we think he may have been crossed with a Staffordshire Bull Terrier as it's an unusual colour for a Jack Russell.

What is it about dogs that we love so much well they are loyal and just love us so much. My dogs do some funny things.

One of my dogs the little Jack Russell he gets in under the covers of the bed and then likes to sleep in between my legs. Does anyone else dog do this? I looked it up once on the internet and it is a common thing some dogs do. There was the articles on how bad it was to have your dog in your bed and that you can catch all sorts of things and their was articles on why it is so good to have your dog snuggle up to you in your bed and is great for bonding with your dog! I guess the internet is locked on two different sides but I am very much in the corner that it is a good thing that my dog sleeps in my bed with me. So apparently dogs sleeping in between your legs is something to do with pack behaviour and in the wilds they all snuggle up to one another for warmth and protection.

My dogs go crazy at the door and every time the door goes they bark although this can be annoying I do tend to feel it is a deterrent and shows whoever comes that this house is guarded by dogs they certainly wouldn't want to mess with.

We used to have a dog called Teva as well who we had since a young dog we bought her off a breeder who had bred her for puppies and she had two litters. she was two years old when we got her and in a terrible state. Her poor nipples were dragging on the floor from having so many pups and so we welcomed her in and cared and loved her. Sadly she died in 2016 of cancer and was so poorly and we couldn't bare to see her suffering as she was struggling up the stairs too. So I took her to be put down and it was one of the hardest things I had to do in my whole life. I was literally screaming in pain and tears when I said goodbye to her. We have a picture of her now up in the front room and have her ashes in a little box with her collar. I shall never forget her and their is a poem that comforts me when I'm feeling sad about her passing it is called the rainbow bridge I shall post picture of it for you see. It really does comfort me.

Don't get me wrong I love all animals and we also have two degus called Chas & Dave they are like little chipmunks and we have a snake called Caramel. Two guinea pigs called Georgie and Stewie a rabbit called Kookie and a small hamster called Pearl. I would love to have a cat also as I do adore cats but my dogs would not agree with me on this and so that is something for the future maybe.

I ran a poll on twitter and 60% of you have a dog. 33% of you don't have a dog but would like one and 7% of you don't like dogs.

Do you have dogs and any pets let me know in the comments it would be great to hear what animals you have at home or even what pets you would like to own.


 TevaKhan
Jacks



No comments:

Mental health etc…

I haven’t blogged in such a long time but that is due to my mental health being in the toilet for a while there.  I am on some medication no...