Thursday 23 May 2019

My Reading List

At the moment I am reading three books and I cannot decide which one I like the best. They are all real life fiction books.
My first book which I have been trying to battle through is about Jim Jones called Raven about him and his peoples temple a cult in which he took them all to a new life in Guyana in South America and then he ended up committing mass suicide murder to over 900 of his cult members back in November of 1978. This book is a written by Tim Reittaman and is a monster of a book but then Jim Jones was a monster so I guess the book fits him. 

The second book I have been reading is called Helter Skelter about the Manson Family and the murders that took place on two consecutive nights involving the beautiful actress Sharon Tate her friends and the la Bianca murders the night after Sharon was killed. It goes into Charles Manson life how he became the way he was and how he started up his cult the Manson Family that went on to murder.

Thirdly I am reading about Ted Bundy as we all know he is back in the news again with the brilliant film Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile as he is portrayed by Zac Efron who in my opinion does an excellent job at playing Ted and is very convincing. If you haven't seen the film then go watch it it's a must watch. The book on the other hand is by Ann Rule and is called The Stranger Beside Me. Ann used to work with Ted at a crisis centre for people contemplating suicide and just wanting a chat and she charts how she met him and goes into the murders and his life once the law caught up with him and how she corresponded with him to write this book. Which in my opinion is pretty hard going but very interesting. 

How can I read three books at the same time quite easy actually when they are true crime stories and not just fiction books where I would probably get all mixed up!!
I love books and funnily I love the smell of them too. Give me a physical book in my hands any day I love to see people go Oh Whats she reading where as I couldn't do that if I had an e-book reader or kindle. Feeling and turning the pages of an actual book gives me great satisfaction. 

What are you reading at the moment and do you like physical books or do you love your kindle with a passion and is it fiction or non fiction you love?
Drop me a reply and let me know.
Newt

No comments:

Mental health etc…

I haven’t blogged in such a long time but that is due to my mental health being in the toilet for a while there.  I am on some medication no...