Sunday 19 May 2019

Mental Health and Coping

I am not ashamed to say that I suffer mental health illness for which I take tablets for and I have a lot of people asking me how I cope on a day to day basis with this issue as tablets sometimes only work a certain amount of magic.
Well I have a few ways of coping with it I usually have a few happy places that I go to when I am feeling down. I watch a lot of sports this is my main happy place I find it very therapeutic, I watch any sport and am not fussy all sports make me happy. At the moment there is a lot of cycling and diving on the tv so I have been mostly watching these at the moment.
My other happy place is reading a good book this can take you out of your present time and into the roles within the book. I am presently reading a book about Ted Bundy by Ann Rule called "The Stranger Beside Me" I am finding it quite hard going but I am determined to get through it.
When you have mental health illness I have to admit it can be hard to find a happy place but I have perfected my happy places through time and patience.
These are just my happy places but yours could be completely different as long as that place where your illness is capable then you doing something right.
Sometimes even taking medication for your mental health can be a happy place but I need that extra coping mechanism as my mental health is so bad even on tablets.
Never feel you are alone there is always someone to talk to or as I do go to my happy places for a while and I often feel better.
Another thing I wanted to just incorporate in my post is the fact of how proud I am that Prince William is talking about his mental health issues and we need more people like him talking about coping and how it has touched their lives.
Coping with mental health is not easy though is it but remember YOU are in control not the other way around.

No comments:

Mental health etc…

I haven’t blogged in such a long time but that is due to my mental health being in the toilet for a while there.  I am on some medication no...