Monday 16 December 2019

last Christmas

Last Christmas I literally had the best present ever my life was saved by my husband.

We was all sitting around eating Christmas dinner and I gulped down a big bit of turkey and it got stuck in my throat and I couldn't drink it down and I couldn't get it out I was choking to death. My husband knew what to do right away and came rushing over and gave me the Heimlich maneuver a few times and up came this massive piece of turkey that was going to kill me!

My life flashed before my eyes I actually didn't think oh I'm going to die at the time I was just trying to get this piece of turkey out of my throat all the kids were screaming and there's me just scratching at my throat and not able to breathe.

I just couldn't stop thanking him for saving my life I am always a bit more careful when eating now especially roast dinners!

I am hoping that this year will not be like last year! I am eating Christmas dinner at home then going over to my eldest daughters house later on in the day so no drinking for me either as I will be driving.  I may come home later on and have a few drinks if I am not back too late but looks like a sober day for me Christmas Day! Which I am not honestly bothered about as I love going to see my eldest and will have a lovely time over there and as I didn't see her last Christmas this is such a treat for me. 

What are you up to this Christmas a lazy day or are you going to friends and family and if you do end up choking on some turkey make sure someone knows the Heimlich maneuver! 




2 comments:

Dan said...

Wow! I'm glad you're ok. I will be alone again this Christmas so I will not be doing anything.

Newt said...

always here for you Dan x

Mental health etc…

I haven’t blogged in such a long time but that is due to my mental health being in the toilet for a while there.  I am on some medication no...