Friday 3 January 2020

smoking

I smoke I know its disgusting but its one of my favourite things to do and the other night my hubby told me that they are stopping menthol cigarettes for good in May of this year so I thought the time might be right to quit the cigs when the menthol cigs get the boot, May might seem a long way off for some but its not for me so that is when I plan to give up. I just can't smoke normal cigarettes they make me gag.

I do know of all the health implications when smoking as I have some cause of smoking myself I can feel it when walking up stairs and feel out of breath its no good is it. I have given up before when I've had my children and I have stopped for quite a while a few years back so I know I can do it but I may need a little help this time around like a spray or gum but I will give up this year I am determined to.

Well on to other things and I have lost another 2lb probably just water weight at the moment but its a step in the right direction and its giving me a boost so I am logging it on my weight watchers diary. I should do a weigh in once a week but those scales keep calling out to me each flaming day to get on them its become a bit of an obsession so thats another thing that I will have to quit doing.

Breaking the cycle of things is hard isn't it I know as I like to watch YouTube and read the comments on one of my favourite you tubers whilst I eat and that usually entails eating comfort food whilst doing it but I am trying to get myself out of that cycle now and break the comfort eating I feel when watching it.

Mentally I am feeling better at the moment but this usually changes day to day I am at my most vulnerable of an evening for some reason. Throughout the day I can keep myself busy and watch some tv and housework but by night time I am usually settling down and that is when I feel at my weakest. I have decided that this is probably the best time to go to the gym.
As always I will keep you updated tomorrow I shall be talking about my hair and the disastrous hair cut I had recently amongst other things!

3 comments:

Dan from Twitter said...

I hope you can quit smoking soon and good luck with the weight loss. I know it's very hard to lose weight.

Nadine said...

You can do it try the menthol vapes in between. I smoke my bloody head off keeps me sane ❤️ Good luck ��

Newt said...

Thanks Dan and Nadine for your lovely comments x

Mental health etc…

I haven’t blogged in such a long time but that is due to my mental health being in the toilet for a while there.  I am on some medication no...