Saturday 4 January 2020

hairdo disaster

So recently I had long hair and it was growing nicely but saw this really lovely haircut that Demi Moore had in Ghost and I got my bee in a bonnet about it and really wanted it thinking I can pull that off! Well I went to the hairdressers and she just started randomly chopping into my hair and it turned out a right hot mess did I complain nope. I usually use a home hairdresser who is great but she had been ill that is why I went to the salon to have it cut.

So I went home dejected and thought I need to straighten this mess out and used my normal hairdresser who by now was feeling better. Well she was less than impressed when she saw my hair and tried to sort it out for me but it just got shorter I am now furiously trying to grow it out and it just looks a hot mess still. My greys are through and my self esteem has hit rock bottom because of it.

I can't use normal hair dye as I suffer anaphylactic shocks when using it so I have to use a herbal vegan hair dye called Artic Fox now don't get me wrong its good but its not as good as normal dye at covering your greys and it washes out within about two weeks and its pretty expensive to buy. So I've recently given up dying it for a while and all my greys have come through and I'm feeling pretty old looking to be honest.

I have never felt so down about a haircut ever but what's done is done and all I can do is wait for it to grow out which it is doing slowly. I want to use a hair shampoo called FAST but even this is very expensive to buy and I cannot afford it right now. Whenever I do a selfie I use a filter now as I am totally embarrassed of my hairdo and it just doesn't suit me at all.

My hair is also very thin and just doesn't have the coverage that thick hair does so this cut doesn't suit me at all my hairdresser is always reminding me of my thin hair which also doesn't help! I have tried all sorts of shampoo but I can never get it bouncy or thick. I am now skipping having my haircut for a while and just letting it grow out as always I shall keep you updated on my journey mentally and physically and how my hair is progressing through out the year! Heres to a longer barnet by Christmas 2020!

2 comments:

Nadine said...

Girl , super drug have a vegan root cover up for greys it’s amazing no chemicals at all ! Your hairs like mine fly away I call it two hairs and a nit hahah I have in constantly hair extensions only thin ones but I can throw it up in a mum bun !!! Wait a while and get it done x

Newt said...

thanks Nadine I will do thanks for the tips

Mental health etc…

I haven’t blogged in such a long time but that is due to my mental health being in the toilet for a while there.  I am on some medication no...