Tuesday 9 July 2019

Fitness Trackers

I use an Apple Watch and find it so valuable to my health plus I love how I can measure my fitness and work towards a goal each day.

The only problem with the Apple Watch is that it doesn't track my sleep so I have invested in a Samsung Galaxy Fit(e) tracker which wasn't that much to buy from Samsung. I can now use this on my android as well as using my Apple Watch with my iPhone.

Here are six reasons why I use an activity tracker

Motivation
Health
Getting into a routine/habit
Goal setting
Keeping track
Ready made programs

Fitness trackers are similar to pedometers but with activity fitness trackers there is evidence that they are more effective in increased activity.

Probably the most important benefit of activity tracking is accountability. The best part is that I am competing against myself.

It's much easier to be motivated to do more than I did yesterday, to walk more steps and burn more calories as I go down the road to improvement and weight loss.  Features like inactivity alerts also remind me when to move.

You don't need to do vigorous activity all at once either. You can spread it through the day and the tracker lets me see how much I have logged.

Do you really need an activity tracker? Like you need air and water? Perhaps not. Will it help on your  journey, most definitely yes!


No comments:

Mental health etc…

I haven’t blogged in such a long time but that is due to my mental health being in the toilet for a while there.  I am on some medication no...